Friday, February 14, 2014

The Turners Auction (I)

It's Friday, collectors!

And Saint Valentine's day too :) While I don't believe much in this kind of stuff, I have a little present for you. A couple of rare things you might find interesting.

Do you know what Turners auction was? It was a huge prop sale that happened in NZ in 2001, after the show ended. It was the first Xena auction ever of this scale, and it sold off all kind of props used in Hercules, Xena, Young Hercules, Cleopatra 2525 and Jack of All Trades (all series produced by Renaissance Pictures). 

My first gift is a couple of flyers that were distributed to promote the auction, courtesy of Fox and Unicorn (of which I'll talk more very soon) and the awesome Xena page New Xenaland. Here they are!


My second gift are two PDF document (also courtesy of New Xenaland), that include the list of props and costumes auctioned those days. Cool, huh?


Hope you like this!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a photo of Kevin's Smith son this week and was like wow he looks so much like his dad.
    I bought Ares sword from the auction and had Kevin sign it...I havnt seen the sword in years as we have moved house a couple of times and put it away somewhere..the auction was a fun couple of days indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! One of Ares sword props? What a great treasure! If you find the time and will to look around for it, I'd love to see a photo of it :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete