Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Collection (IX): Gabrielle's S6 Necklace ??/2500

Hello people!

A promise is a promise. Yesterday I reviewed my Gab's S5 necklace, and today it's turn to take a look at my Gabrielle's S6 necklace replica - also sold and distributed by Creation Entertainment.

Full view of the necklace.

This necklace appeared for the first time in the S6 episode "Heart of Darkness", along with the popular red velvet costume that served as Gabrielle's main outfit during the last season. The last appearance of the necklace is in the very end of "A Friend in Need II", when Xena's ghost stands with Gabrielle in their way to Egypt.

Close-up to the beads.

As you can see in the close-up pic, this necklace is a bit more complex than the S5 one. Also made of silver, now we have 5 beads instead of 3 - two round silver balls, two wired "flowers" and a leaf shaped pendant (often confused with a heart) in the middle. It's also much bigger.

The cord is similar to the S5 necklace - though this one has the regulable chain missing. It's also very thin and fragile.

The case is the same as well: lined in green velvet, with the Xena WP logo in gold in the inner side of the lid.

View of the opened case with necklace from atop.
From view of the case and necklace - Note the Xena WP logo.
Detail of the necklace inside the case.

Unlike the S5 beads, I believe these beads are actual beads and not casts - making molds for these beads seems more difficult than using than pre-made beads, though I might be wrong.

The edition is limited to 2,500 units worldwide as well - but the number of replicas made seems to be smaller. The highest number I've found is #92, which compared to the almost 600 copies of the S5 necklace makes this replica even rarer. I feel so lucky to have it!

The COA for this necklace is missing as well - and this time I have no clue about the possible number. I have the hunch it's a low number due to the finish - mine weathered with patina, which was made only at the beginning and later one simplified to plain bright silver.

And that's pretty much it. enough talking, it's time for some photos of Gabrielle with this necklace.





Cheers people!

3 comments:

  1. Pleeeease can u tell me where u got it? I can't find it anywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a trade with a friend, sorry! But write me an e-mail, I may be able to help you find a replica of this necklace (not a Creation replica, but a good replica nonetheless). Best!

      Delete
  2. I have one of two used in filming...not a replica ...in Shed 13 prop box. Would love to sell it!!!

    ReplyDelete